Hi there and welcome back to another weekly word with me, Sid. Today we checking out:
Rain – English
Chuva – Portuguese
Lluvia – Spanish
- a. Water condensed from atmospheric vapor and falling in drops.
- b. A fall of such water; a rainstorm.
- c. The descent of such water.
- d. Rainy weather.
- e. rains A rainy season.
2. A heavy or abundant fall: a rain of fluffy cottonwood seeds; a rain of insults.
rained, rain•ing, rains
1. To fall in drops of water from the clouds.
2. To fall like rain: Praise rained down on the composer.
3. To release rain.
1. To send or pour down.
2. To give abundantly; shower: rain gifts; rain curses upon their heads.
To force the cancellation or postponement of (an outdoor event) because of rain. Used in passive constructions: The ball game was rained out.
rain cats and dogs Informal
To rain very heavily.
This blog is proudly brought to you by Sidra Baksh. Go check out our website for professional English, Spanish and Portuguese translation services!