Hey there and welcome back 😀 We always happy for those reading our blog in your busy days.
So lets first hit it off with a favourite comic of ours found on the great net of the word:
And now some random yet interesting facts on Language
• The first word spoken on the moon was “okay.”
• Seoul, the South Korean capital, just means “the capital” in the Korean language
• The name of all the continents end with the same letter that they start with
• Panspermia is the idea that life on Earth originated on another planet.
• An infestation of head lice is called pediculosis.
• The medical name for the part of the brain associated with teenage sulking is “superior temporal sulcus”.
• Involuntary bad language, a symptom affecting about one in 10 people with Tourette’s syndrome, is called “coprolalia”.
• The word “time” is the most common noun in the English language.
• The clitoris derives its name from the ancient Greek word kleitoris, meaning “little hill”.
• Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobiacs is the term for people who fear the number 666.
• Publishers have coined the term “Brownsploitation” for the rash of books that have sprung up in the wake of Dan Brown’s Da Vinci Code blockbuster.
• The “you are here” arrow on maps is called an ideo locator
• The word “lethologica” describes the state of not being able to remember the word you want
• In English, “four” is the only digit that has the same number of letters as its value
• Q is the only letter in the alphabet that does not appear in the name of any of the United States
This blog is proudly brought to you by Sidra Baksh. Go check out our website for professional English, Spanish and Portuguese translation services!