Welcome back for another exciting edition of Breaking the Barrier! Where we try and limit the language barrier as much as possible. Today we have an awesome word for you that you never know where you might use! This weeks word is:
English – Competition
Spanish – competição
Afrikaans – Kompetisie
1. The act of competing, as for profit or a prize; rivalry.
2. A test of skill or ability; a contest: a skating competition.
3. Rivalry between two or more businesses striving for the same customer or market.
4. A competitor: The competition has cornered the market.
5. Ecology The simultaneous demand by two or more organisms for limited environmental resources, such as nutrients, living space, or light.